Having difficulties installing octave.

From: GeorgeMesina
Subject: Having difficulties installing octave.
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 17:37:30 -0500 (CDT)

I'm currently using OpenSuSe 42.2.
I'm using update-alternatives to install multiple version of java. Listed as
follows:
jdk-12
jre1.8.0_211
jre-1.7.0-openjdk
jre-1.8.0-openjdk

I've attempted all of these.
I'm currently trying to install Octave 4.4.1.
I am able to run the configure file and make file.
However once I attempt to run "make install", I get the error message:
error: Source option 6 is no longer supported. Use 7 or later.

If I attempt to run octave without finishing make install, an octave.jar
file is missing.
Any suggestions to help me run the "make install" command?