Re: md5sum

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: md5sum
Date: Wed, 1 May 2019 22:53:50 +0200

On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 10:43 PM Costello, Bryan <address@hidden> wrote:

I am using Octave 5.0.1 to run Matlab m files.  I get an error when trying to execute the command “md5sum”.  Is this not included in Octave v5.0.1, or is it replaced by another function?  If another function, does it provide same results as md5sum?

Bryan

Indeed, "md5sum" was deprecated in Octave 4.2 [1] and replaced by the more generic function "hash", see

   https://octave.org/doc/v5.1.0/XREFhash.html

Both are not contained in Matlab, it is an Octave extension.

HTH,
Kai

[1] https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/NEWS-4.2.html