image wipe

From: Richard Kirk
Subject: image wipe
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 10:01:41 -0500 (CDT)

I often need to compare before and after images, or check the registration of
two images.

Some image viewers allow you to wipe between two images. This is one way of
doing what I want, and the one I put in the title, but there may be others.

imshow() does not support a second image. However, I can flip between two
images I and J by calling imshow(I) and imshow (J). However, I often want to
zoom into some detail, and compare the same region in I and J. I can do this
by reading off the X and Y range off the the imshow() view, and altering the
commands to display that subset of each image. It would be easier if I could
call new new imshow() command and inherit the zoom and pan settings of the
previous one, but I can't see how that can be done.

Any ideas?