Re: Multiple plots saving issues

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: Multiple plots saving issues
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 21:00:01 +0200

>I have encountered a problem related to saving multiple images to separate
>files. My script is basically the loop which calculates a f(x) dependency,
>plots it and saves to file. After 1000 or so iterations it halts and gives
>out the following:
>
>"error: print: failed to open pipe "|/usr/bin/gs -dQUIET -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH
>-dSAFER -dAutoRotatePages=/None -sDEVICE=png16m -dLanguageLevel=2
>-dTextAlphaBits=4 -dGraphicsAlphaBits=1 -r72x72 -dEPSCrop
>-sOutputFile="./alo/rt_alo14856.png" -"
>error: called from
>    __opengl_print__ at line 169 column 7
>    print at line 519 column 14
>    ganalo_php at line 125"
>
>After this happens I can not save any more images to files unless I restart
>Octave.

Is there a specific reason why you are using the gnuplot toolkit?

If fltk works on your system, you should have more stable and faster
behaviour using it.  Just try this before plotting:

 graphics_toolkit("fltk")

If you are forced using gnuplot, try forcing a small delay between
plotting commands, like this:

 pause(0.2)

this may help your operating system and file system while it exchanges
data with gnuplot through a pipe.  If time is not an issue, you can try
setting a longer pause, just to be sure:

 pause(1)

--
IPIN'19 http://ipin2019.isti.cnr.it    Voice:  +39.050.621.3058
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Mobile: +39.348.8283.107