Re: Debugging mex error in Octave: undefined symbol: mxcopyreal8toptr_

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Debugging mex error in Octave: undefined symbol: mxcopyreal8toptr_
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 10:34:19 -0700

On Fri, Apr 05, 2019 at 14:31:53 +0000, Anthony Gitter wrote:
> I am attempting to compile a mex file from third-party Fortran code. I
> receive the error message:
> error: glmnetControl: /SCINGE/glmnet_matlab/glmnetMex.mex: failed to load:
> /SCINGE/glmnet_matlab/glmnetMex.mex: undefined symbol: mxcopyreal8toptr_

This function, and all of the other functions in 'fintrf.h' include file,
are not currently part of Octave's mex interface. In general, Octave does
not implement the Matlab Fortran mex interface at all, only the C
interface.

If this is the only undefined function in your project, you could try
compiling in the example implementation in the old mailing list thread
that you pointed to.

Is the Fortran mex interface important to your use of Octave? Would you
like to help to add that capability to Octave?

--
mike