Re: Problems installing signal package

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Problems installing signal package
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2019 13:13:15 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----
> From: nicholas ferguson
> To: help-octave
> Date: 2019/4/1, Mon 06:34
> Subject: Re: Problems installing signal package
>
> I had same problem.  Signal package is not installed on windows 10 with
> octave-5.1.0-w64
> The following steps worked:
> From browser, go to:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/signal/ci/default/tree/
> download snapshot
> copied snapshot zip over to local cygwin
> unziped, then tar as signal.tar
> then from octave octave-5.1.0-w64
> pkg install <dir to signal.tar >  and this worked.
>

> I had same problem.  Signal package is not installed on windows 10 with
> octave-5.1.0-w64

No!
The signal package is pre-installed octave for windows.

>> pkg list signal
Package Name  | Version | Installation directory
      signal  |   1.4.0 |
C:\octave\OCTAVE~3.0\mingw64\share\octave\packages\signal-1.4.0

If you did not install octave by installer, you should execute post-install.bat
to activate pre-installed package.

See https://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Microsoft_Windows

Perhaps the official page of GNU octave should point the above page.

Tatsuro