Re: use solution of solve (symbolic)

From: Colin Macdonald
Subject: Re: use solution of solve (symbolic)
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 08:38:14 -0700

On 2019-03-28 11:03 a.m., Stef Pillaert wrote:
OK, many thanks. What I need is the second solution (indeed for interactive
usage), to do similar things as easily achievable in Matlab.
The first solution is too tedious for my goals, my original solution (using
copy-paste) is quicker .... But I agree, for programming purposes the first
approach is more logical.
Any idea when the first solution wiil be available? I would like to apply this
for my students next academic year (september?)

The solution that Doug showed works now... I guess you mean the "eval(foo)" and "subs(foo)" approach that will be in Symbolic 2.8.0.

Symbolic 2.8.0 will be released soon after SymPy 1.4, likely within a month or so.

Some testing of subs/eval stuff would be great: feel free to download and try it before the release.

Colin