Re: Executable octave program

From: François PH Lapointe
Subject: Re: Executable octave program
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 16:54:44 -0400

Good day Kai,

it is still saying an error:

./m2.sh: line 5: syntax error near unexpected token `"Hello, world!\n"'
./m2.sh: line 5: `printf ("Hello, world!\n");’

It seems that it does not recognize my first line which is identical to yours. To fing my interpreter, I have used : 'which octave' and gave me the mentionned address. I am puzzled…

For my understanding, we can execute an ‘octave script’ called from Unix command line ‘$', the output will be e.g. either print on the screen or save a file after specific operations, and then back to Unix command line ‘$’?! Right?

If so, for this simple example, my only problem is my first line. Do you have any idea how to fix it?!

Thank you very much.

Best,

François