Re: Unable to load user defined function through feval - crashing

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Unable to load user defined function through feval - crashing
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 11:45:27 -0700

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 10:45:27 -0500, Arun wrote:
> i am facing issue while loading my own octave function through cpp
> standalone application .
>
> my own octave is working well in octave cli and octave editor in octave
> 4.2.2 , where as in cpp its throwing segment fault , whereas inbuilt
> function like gcd its working if running example

Someone had similar questions a couple months ago. I wrote then that I
was able to get examples working with Octave 4.0 or 4.4 and later, but
not version 4.2. I think there were problems with embedding the
interpreter in a standlone program in Octave 4.2.

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-octave/2019-01/msg00069.html

If it's easiest for you to stay with Octave 4.2 (e.g. you want to stay
with Ubuntu LTS or another stable distribution), then all I can say is
you should probably avoid trying to embed Octave in another program.

If it's possible for you to upgrade your distribution or your version of
Octave, then embedding Octave should work better.

--
mike