Re: Pkg install struct - octave 5.1 from flatpak, mint 18/ubuntu

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: Re: Pkg install struct - octave 5.1 from flatpak, mint 18/ubuntu
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 12:36:23 +0100

Am 06. März 2019 um 11:09 Uhr schrieb "Pavel Hofman"
> Hi Markus,
>

> > Some of the Octave Forge packages are patched for the Windows installer.
> > Either to make them cross-compile or to fix compatibility issues with
> > Octave. "of-signal" is one of them:
> > https://hg.octave.org/mxe-octave/file/tip/src
>
> Are the windows-installer patches part of the packages upstream repos?
> How is the windows installer built? Any extra patches somewhere outside
> the main repos?
>
> Fortunately the struct package seems to have the patches placed into the
> main branch - the commit
> https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/struct/ci/320e8484cd10b73cef40c9b51d99ebbb0c7b8360/
>
> (dated after the stable release) will probably fix my problem. I will
> try the HEAD/devel version then.

The packages in the Windows installer are built from the released package
versions with the additional patches from the source I pointed to in the
previous mail.
Some (but afaik not all) of these patches are taken from the development
version of the respective packages.
In general, we don't care much about compatibility with previous Octave
versions for the bundled packages. This is probably more important for the
package developers.

Markus