Re: Unit tests

From: Pavel Hofman
Subject: Re: Unit tests
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 08:46:06 +0100

Hi Andrew,

Dne 05. 03. 19 v 3:25 Andrew Janke napsal(a):

The way I get around this is by sticking my "for internal use" implementation functions in a +myproject/+internal namespace. That way you can reference them from a global context (including test code), but it's clear that they're not part of the project's public API. And to avoid cluttering up that namespace with a bunch of .m files, I'll often make them static methods on a class in a single classdef .m file.

Thanks for the clever hints! I will use the internal dir method.

As of classes - I read that octave GUI does not support breakpoints in class methods. Perhaps the new version has it already implemented, not tested yet. I need breakpoints in GUI for development, being spoilt by advanced IDEs for regular languages :-)

I think you want runtests() instead of test() here. test() tests a single function or class; runtests() runs a suite of tests from one or more directories.

Yes, runtests works great, thanks.

With regards,

Pavel.