Re: Request: VPAT for GNU Octave

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Request: VPAT for GNU Octave
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 07:42:53 +0100

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 6:46 PM Judy Shui <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

My name is Judy and I'm the accessibility analyst at the California State Polytechnic University in Pomona. A member of our faculty would like to install the GNU Octave software in the library which then opens it up to all students. We would like to review the software for accessibility.

In accordance with section 508 standards, the CSU system is committed to ensuring that its programs and services are accessible and usable by all students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities.

I'm inquiring to see there is a VPAT (Voluntary Product Accessibility Template) for GNU to help us with this review. If so, can you please provide? If not, can you provide some information about its accessibility?

Thank you!

Judy Shui

IT Compliance Program Analyst

California State Polytechnic University, Pomona

(909) 979-6484

Dear Judy Shui,

Thank you for considering using GNU Octave in your university library.  To my knowledge, Octave does not have a VPAT [1] document yet.
Was it helpful for you if we created a VPAT, for example "https://www.octave.org/accessibility/", containing information like RedHat [2] or GitHub [3] provide?
Moreover does the VPAT need to be checked/created by some official institution?

Kind regards,

Kai T. Ohlhus