fgets differ in C and octave?

From: uwedamm
Subject: fgets differ in C and octave?
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 07:26:52 -0600 (CST)

Hello,

I try to read data from a text file, which in parallel is written by another
process (linux), using fopen/fgets in octave:

If the last line was read, fgets only reports "-1", even if new data is
written to the file by the other process.
If I do same in c:

fgets behaves like "tail", it continuously reads the data.

Any simple idea, how to realize that using octave?

thank you in advance
Uwe
PS: sorry if this topic is raised a second time, I was unable to find the
other thread:-(