Re: load hdf5 file that contains compound datatype for a dataset

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: load hdf5 file that contains compound datatype for a dataset
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 14:08:09 -0800

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 17:11:06 +0000, Lucas Salvador wrote:
> I have Octave 4.4 and I would like to load an hdf5 file that contains
> a compound datatype in a dataset (1 column is scalar, 1 column is
> string). When trying to load the whole file or this particular dataset
> Octave returns this error:
>
>   * load: error while reading hdf5 item "Name of Dataset"

Octave's load function does not load HDF5 files, so this error message
is correct, the file is not in a format recognized by Octave.

There is a h5read function in development that will read data from HDF5
data files, but it is not part of Octave yet. Do you have the time and
interest to build Octave yourself and test this new function?

  https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?8607

--
mike