Re: csv file problem to open

From: Ian McCallion
Subject: Re: csv file problem to open
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 15:38:33 +0000

I tried to read your file using dlmread here in UK where decimal
separator is '.' and of course it did not work correctly. In fact the
behaviour was rather odd, because no error was reported but the digits
after the comma were ignored. So here is a test:

In Octave, if (in UK) I type
     1.3
Octave responds:
     ans =  1.3000
and if I type
     1,3
Octave responds:
     ans =  1
     ans =  3

Please do the same test and report your results. Which country are you in?

Cheers... Ian