Re: How to read data from a text file based on the title?

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: How to read data from a text file based on the title?
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 17:53:19 -0500

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 10:00 AM Mohammed Atta <address@hidden> wrote:
I have two text files, sample01.txt and sample02.txt. I want to read those two text files and make new text file Composed_matrix_sample01_sample02. Please find all three file as attached.

I solved this problem using MATLAB. A Matlab solution is also attached. I want to convert the MATLAB code into Octave code.  (I made some part of it compatible to Octave).

did you try running the code in octave?   did you get errors? what were the error messages?

looking at the MATLAB_code file, the first line after which you say the problem starts uses splitapply.  the error message should be something like

warning: the 'splitapply' function is not yet implemented in Octave
Please read <https://www.octave.org/missing.html> to learn how you can
contribute missing functionality.
error: 'splitapply' undefined near line 1 column 1

that should be pretty self explanatory

So the real question is:  without us deciphering your files and guessing, what do you want to do?  Octave can read and write data in text files. can you give a very small example of the text you want brought in, what you want done to it, and what you want it to look like when you export it?