Re: Plotting large values with small limits cause to make axes mad.

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Plotting large values with small limits cause to make axes mad.
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 14:52:29 -0500

That is due to OpenGL working with single precision floats. See a.o., bugs
32980, 33748, and several later duplicates. Indeed an annoying issue.

these bugs have been around since 2011.  My understanding is that OpenGL still has no intention to move to general double precision handling since most graphics hardware still handles everything in single precision (no double benefit for the number and size of pixels our eyes are dealing with so far).

is there a particular hesitancy in working up a scaling fix for this problem on the octave side rather than waiting for OpenGL to go double?