Re: Help with Comet3 Issue

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Help with Comet3 Issue
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 14:36:45 -0500

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 2:12 PM Kyle Firestone <address@hidden> wrote:
To Whom it Concerns:

I am trying to use the Comet3 function to animate several functions and I keep running into an issue when trying to plot a simple sine wave. I have set up my variables as such:

>> t = 0:0.1:10*pi;
>> r = linspace (0, 1, numel (t));
>> z = linspace (0, 1, numel (t));

And the plots I am trying to animate are:

plot3 (z, r*0, sin(t));
plot3 (z, sin(t), 0*r);

As you can see, the plot 3 function does not return any issue:
image.png
image.png

However, using the "comet3" command in place of "plot3" yields the following error:

>> t = 0:0.1:10*pi;
>> r = linspace (0, 1, numel (t));
>> z = linspace (0, 1, numel (t));
>> plot3 (z, sin(t), 0*r);
>> comet3 (z, sin(t), 0*r);
error: axis: LIMITS(5) must be less than LIMITS(6)
error: called from
    axis>__axis__ at line 328 column 11
    axis at line 158 column 7
    comet3 at line 77 column 5

I attempted to fix the axes manually with the axis command but was not able to correct this. Please let me know if you are able to help me fix this issue. Thank you!

Kyle M. Firestone

the problem is that you are sending it zeroes for the 3rd dim.

try
comet3 (z, sin(t), cos(t).^2 .*r);

--
DASCertificate for 206392