Re: Going to start Octave Package Management.

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: Going to start Octave Package Management.
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 17:55:18 +0200

On 2/4/19 5:47 PM, Dildar Sk wrote:
If we do,
pkg update signal
error: 'installed_pkgs_list' undefined near line 530 column 29
error: called from
     pkg at line 530 column 26

I don't know if it is a bug or not. But in such cases there would be no
possible way to update a single intended package. In this case there will be
no package with multiple version available(If we do pkg update it would
update all packages including package_something-older,
package_something-moreOlder to latest version) Because there is no choice to
upate package_something-someSpecificVersion.

"I don't know if it is a bug or not" - forget about 'pkg.m' for a while. It's a vivid example how SW should NOT be developed - because the whole Octave packaging system to the best of my knowledge has never been properly spec'ed.

--Sergei.