Re: Derivative question

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Derivative question
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 09:51:14 -0500

/
On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 11:07 PM bikebuilder63 <address@hidden> wrote:
Given: t=0:0.1:20;
y=t.^3-2*t;

1. how long is vector t?

about 8 characters

2. Write the matlab/octave commodes to take the derivative of y with respect to t calling it dydt
I don't think any commode I've ever seen can do that with respect to any variable.

3. what is the length of dydt?

from the viewpoint of the commode? Hopefully not long enough to cause buffer overflow. that would be messy.

/endsnark

if you have a specific problem completing your homework in Octave, we can offer tips and pointers, but won't do it for you.  In particular, here's a great resource:

with a focus on:

and