Re: Going to start Octave Package Management.

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: Going to start Octave Package Management.
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 21:08:06 +0200

On 1/31/19 5:57 PM, Dildar Sk wrote:
Respected sir,
I have started working on Octave Package Management and here is my initial idea : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xd7dSBa5Bhr10RzjkdZiFujOb6s5Vao_snahXNR7y5Q/edit

I will be updating it time to time. Is there anything I am missing?
Please let me know. Is this project assigned to anyone else?

It's not even a good start.

I strongly suggest to read "Code Loading" -  https://docs.julialang.org/en/v1/manual/code-loading/ . This chapter in detail describes approaches used in Julia language package management. The approaches address a lot of issues present in Octave package management.

Don't reinvent the wheel to begin with. I.e. analyze what's implemented and how; what are advantages and disadvantages and only then decide what you want to change (if anything) and why.

--Sergei.