Re: FWD: opening .m file also opens notepad++ on Windows

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: FWD: opening .m file also opens notepad++ on Windows
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 10:43:28 -0500

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 10:24 AM Andreas Weber <address@hidden> wrote:
> From:     ASHIM KUMAR <address@hidden>
>
> The main problem is that when I open any .m file, a notpad++ file is
> opened along with it and editor widow is shown blank.

Have a look at

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18539/windows-7-change-default-programs

does this help?
-- Andy

Just to clarify:  you're trying opening an .m file, through windows explorer, and BOTH  octave and notepad++ are opening? the default programs suggestion is good if notepad++ is opening up _instead of_ octave. If both, that's a bit more unusual.

Also, since on windows octave opens with a vbs script, it's not clear to me what will happen if you specify the octave executable directly. Does the exe installer attempt to set .m file association?