Catching Figure close button

From: Pavel Hofman
Subject: Catching Figure close button
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 20:53:04 +0100

Hi,

Please is there a way to assign a hook to the figure close button? I understand the button is provided by the window manager of my OS but please can I handle it in octave?

I cannot use uiwait since my main thread cycles reading incoming zeromq messages and uiwait() rounds timeout to whole seconds.

If I could run a callback when the windows close button is pushed, I could arrange for quitting the reading loop at next iteration.

Octave 4.4.1, linux

Thanks a lot for any hints.

Best regards,

Pavel.