Re: Octave doesn't lauch in Windows 10

From: h.r.30
Subject: Re: Octave doesn't lauch in Windows 10
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 15:27:54 -0600 (CST)

High Felipe and all posters of this thread,

I got the same problem, but  found out that running octave 4.4.1 in a
command shell (means starting octave-4.4.1 (CLI) starts the program without
error message, however without GUI. But this is not satisfactory. After
several un- and reinstalling, new start of PC etc., I couldn't start
octave-4.4.1 (GUI). Somethings wrong with the GUI.
I'm not sure, but after installations of older versions I got a message that
this version is not tested well with Win10. After checking the properties
(right click the icon at your desktop) I have the possibility of selecting
another Windows environment (i.e. Win 8). I didn't test the previous
installation 4.4.0, but will do that. I installed it, but didn't start it.
4.2.1 worked properly. I think I started under setting Win 7 or Win
8-environment in the properties (I'm not sure, because it's 1 1/2 year ago I
installed it). for 4.4.1 this option is'nt shown in the properties
Remarks: My system is Win 10 built 1803 too.