Re: error: feval: function 'pkg.m' not found

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: error: feval: function 'pkg.m' not found
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 14:33:18 -0800

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 10:15:45 -0600, ola wrote:
> So, I have updated the octave to version 4.4. and installed forge packages.
> Command 'pkg list' returns correct list of packages. Your second example
> code is compilable, but it returns an error during execution:
> /error while loading shared libraries: liboctinterp.so.5: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory/

This is a standard loader error when the shared library is not in one of
the standard lib directories searched by ldconfig.

If you install Octave from Ubuntu's repository, by e.g. upgrading to
Ubuntu 18.10, then Octave's libraries will be on the default library
load path.

Otherwise, you can use the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, add a
configuration file to /etc/ld.so.conf.d, or build your program with the
linker option -rpath.

See https://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Program-Library-HOWTO/shared-libraries.html
for more details.

--