Logging Facility for Octave

From: Pavel Hofman
Subject: Logging Facility for Octave
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 20:22:19 +0100

Hi,

Please is there any logging facility for octave? The error/warning functions have a deeper behavior, I am just looking for a configurable facility issuing text strings to stderr/stdout/logfile with timestamp, scriptname etc. - some simple form of log4j etc.

I can write my own octave methods but perhaps there is a performance-optimised package or some best practice.

Thanks a log for any help.

Best regards,

Pavel.