Octave doesn't display images or plots

From: Egidio Fabris
Subject: Octave doesn't display images or plots
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2019 16:52:35 +0100

Hi everyone, I've some issues after installing Octave's latest version after changing the OS (Xubuntu 18.4). At the moment the major is that Octave doesn't display images nor plots. It open the floating window but there's the background image freeze in it.
It does so with mfiles I wrote a year or 2 ago or via commands in the bash.
I tried to use refresh or drawnow() but still doesn't work.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance