Having problem building on macOS Mojave

From: katokateki
Subject: Having problem building on macOS Mojave
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2018 20:54:37 +0530

Hi everyone, I'm new to open source and just tried to build Octave on my MacOS Mojave 10.14, I ran the configure script and installed the dependencies that I got an error for. But I'm stuck on this: "checking for rl_set_keyboard_input_timeout in -lreadline... no
configure: WARNING: I need GNU Readline 4.2 or later". I installed readline as told in the macOS building guide in the wiki but it still doesn't work. Can someone please help me out here?

When i make && sudo make readline, it gives me a warning saying I might need to run ldconfig. I googled and found it's not a command on mac, so I tried "sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force" which gave me a bunch of errors initially but ran after that. I used -force because without that, it just showed errors and terminated. Still no works :(

Any help would be appreciated