fminsearch options Display iter

From: gciriani
Subject: fminsearch options Display iter
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 10:58:36 -0600 (CST)

Does

display the absolute value of the function?

I'm working on a maximization problem with fminsearch, therefore I put a
minus sign in front of my function, for the minimizer to work in my case.
The function is a probability and is always positive. I then pass the
function to a handle and finally I use the handle in fminsearch for the
minimization.

I set the Display option to iter to observe what is going on. However, the
value displayed is positive. Is this done for a particular reason, or am I
assuming something incorrectly?

-----
Giovanni Ciriani - Windows 10, Octave 4.2.1, configured for x86_64-w64-mingw32