Re: Plot a diode I/V characteristic

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: Plot a diode I/V characteristic
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 09:54:18 +0100

>I'm trying to plot a I(V) curve of a diode.
>The problem is that the scale of V below 0 is much smaller than the scale
>above 0 (the picture illustrate it)
>https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_vKeaPHXF9U/maxresdefault.jpg
>Can I split the scales above and below zero?

Since the function is exponential, the obvious thing is using a
logarithmic scale on the vertical axis.  Only reason I see to do what
you ask is for didactic reasons.

You should magnify the negative values of the function by 10 and then
change the vertical labels to be magnified by 10 as well.  This function
may help: https://octave.sourceforge.io/plot/function/tics.html

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.621.3058
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107