RE: load netcdf not working

From: JohnD
Subject: RE: load netcdf not working
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 12:21:12 -0500

> Message: 5
> Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 10:27:10 -0600 (CST)
> From: eugenia <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: load netcdf not working
>
> Hi,
> I have Octave v4.2.2 in Fedora 29. And I also have netcdf installed.
> I need to install netcdf package for octave. I downloaded manually but
when
> I try to install it, I have the following error message:
> >> pkg install -forge /home/Gomez/Downloads/netcdf-1.0.12.tar.gz
> error: get_forge_pkg: invalid package name:
> /home/Gomez/Downloads/netcdf-1.0.12.tar.gz
> error: called from
>     get_forge_pkg at line 34 column 5
>     get_forge_download at line 26 column 12
>     pkg at line 382 column 29
>
> I also tried with the following but nothing:
> >>pkg load netcdf
> error: package netcdf is not installed
> error: called from
>     load_packages at line 41 column 7
>     pkg at line 411 column 7
>
> Can anybody help me? I installed Octave via Discover utilities.
>
> Regards and thanks in advance
>
> Maria Eugenia

The load is failing because the install is failing.

If you specific the -forge option, it tries to get the named package from
sourceforge, so shouldn't be a local path/filename. If you don't use -forge,
it would try find the file in current directory/or use the path it was
provided with.

So assuming that the file is in the full path you specified, you could do:

pkg install /home/Gomez/Downloads/netcdf-1.0.12.tar.gz

To install from source forge:

pkg install netcdf