Re: Geometry-drawPolyline3d-object-subplot

From: Ardid Ramirez, Joan Salvador
Subject: Re: Geometry-drawPolyline3d-object-subplot
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 11:29:16 +0000

El dilluns, 10 de desembre de 2018, a les 5:40:54 EST, Juan Pablo Carbajal va
escriure:

  On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 2:11 AM Vicent <address@hidden> wrote:

  > Hi everybody, I'm doing an animation of some 3dlines using subplots to
  > represent the 3 views and a perspective. The thing is that I'm doing it,
  > drawing four times the lines, one in each subplot, and it's so inefficient.
  > I'd like to do it only with one object drawn and the four different points
  > of view.
  >
  >  I,ve been trying to use the object assignment ( myLine =
  > drawPolyline(....)) in order to use this object in each subplot but I
  > haven't been able to do it. when the second object is created it is placed
  > in the whole window instead of in his subplot space.
  > Thanks for your help.
  >
  > Example
  >  clf;
  >  subplot(2,2,1)
  >
  > title("FrontView");
  > hold on;
  >
  > xlabel("X");
  > ylabel("Y");
  > zlabel("Z");
  > axis ([-200 200 -100 200 0 200]);
  > view([0,-1,0]);
  > myLine = drawPolyline3d([0,0,0;40,40,40;20,50,20], 'r');
  >
  > subplot(2,2,3)
  >
  > title("OverHeadView");
  > hold on;
  >
  > xlabel("X");
  > ylabel("Y");
  > zlabel("Z");
  > axis ([-200 200 -100 200 0 200]);
  > view(2);
  >
  > myLine2 = copyobj(myLine);
  >

  > --

  Hi,

  Do you want to do interactive plots with 3d roation?
  It might work for small plots, but you can't be too ambitious, I do
  not think GNU Octave is meant for this.
  you could, of course, save a video with the 3D roations, but not
  realtime in general (i.e. it might work for small objects [1])

  To be able to help you effectively, please send a minimal working
  example of what you are doing. This way we can test. Emphasis on the
  "minimal"!

  Regards,

  PS: do not answer directly to me, use the mailing list.
  [1]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59c6cIyYYFw

Please see the response to this reddit question, which may be relevant for you,
as it has a nice animation for 3D rotations:

https://www.reddit.com/r/octave/comments/a3fivb/drawing_a_tetrahedron/