Re: Compiling .c code using mkoctfile

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: Compiling .c code using mkoctfile
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2018 04:22:50 +0100

Il giorno ven 7 dic 2018, 04:04 Colin Kikuchi <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Hey Carlo,

Thanks, this is very helpful!
Sorry to keep bugging you, but as a follow-up question, I have tried compiling with mkoctfile after commneting out the header information. Now, Octave is saying that 'mwSize' is an unknown type name:

mexADIconf.c:44:14: error: unknown type name 'mwSize'
              mwSize nz, mwSize nr, mwSize nper, mwSize *nt, double *dt,

My understanding is that mwSize is a type name defining the size of arrays. Is there something I have to add to get Octave to recognize this, or should I call it something else?

Thanks again!

-Colin

Hi,

In my previous mail I wrote which headers you would need to comment

Did you follow the hint or just comment out everything?

I see the file you sent is part of some package developed at University of Ghent, does the package have its own makefile or some other form of automated build?

Are you a developer of maxsym trying to port to Octave or a user trying to install it for yourself? In the latter case did you try to contact the developers?

c.