Re: ode23

From: Mohsin Mohd Sies
Subject: Re: ode23
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 11:54:43 +0800

It's from the standard Octave package. I didn't install odepkg. Should I be using it instead? That would be a little bit uncool in terms of the better, upgraded standard Octave

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018, 21:33 Carlo De Falco <address@hidden wrote:

> On 5 Dec 2018, at 09:47, mochzeen <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have installed the latest Octave 4.4.1 which includes ode23. When I tried
> my old ode example code which worked previously, it gave me an error of
>
> error: structure has no member 'OutputSave'
> error: called from
>    ode23 at line 166 column 3
>
> My code is vdpol.m
> trange=[0 0.5];
> x0=[1;0];
> ode23(@myproblemm,trange,x0)
>
> with myproblemm.m
> function dxdt=myproblemm(t,x)
> dx1dt=x(2);
> dx2dt=5-3*x(2)-x(1);
> dxdt=[dx1dt; dx2dt];
>
> I Googled the error message but no luck. Please help.

Hi,

I cannot reproduce your issue, your example works for me with no error ...

Are you using ode23 form odepkg or the built-in implementation?
What do you see if you type "pkg list, which ode23"?

c.