Re: Octave compiler

From: Ian McCallion
Subject: Re: Octave compiler
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 19:34:13 +0000

Hi Michel,

That is only part of the solution and was not necessary in my case
(although I considered it) and I now install Octave on all the systems
that require it.

Passing parameters into Octave is a bit tricky. I have a short
boilerplate .cmd script that I copy and make minor changes to for each
octave function to be called from the command line. The script
combines the commandline parameters into a single string that is
passed into Octave and on to the target function, which then uses a
helper to recover the original parameters. This simplifies development
significantly, because the function can be called from the Octave
commandline too.

If this is of interest I can post the code.

Cheers... Ian