unhelpful CLI

From: whiffee
Subject: unhelpful CLI
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 20:08:48 -0600 (CST)

This is a genuine newbie with a genuine problem. I thought the below was
unhelpful. I am still looking for
an example of simple plot command using gnuplot. I suppose if I bumble
around long enough I will find it.

        line 0: unknown or ambiguous terminal type; type just 'set terminal'
for a list

WARNING: Plotting with an 'unknown' terminal.
No output will be generated. Please select a terminal with 'set terminal'.
>> set terminal
error: invalid conversion from string to real N-D array
error: set: H must be a graphics handle