Re: hdf5 hdf5oct

From: jb
Subject: Re: hdf5 hdf5oct
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 15:58:10 -0600 (CST)

Philip, I'm afraid patches are a bit beyond my typical use of software so
whatever is best is about all I can say. On that note however there was one
more thing in h5read.cc that I changed without being sure of whether or not
it is an actual problem. On line 979 I changed

 int rank = ov_data.dims ().numel ();

to read

 int rank = ov_data.ndims ();

because it looked like the length of one dimension of a dataset was being
interpreted as the rank of the entire dataset. ie any dimension of length >
32 will throw an error. Since I'm new to hdf5 I'll defer to anyone with some
more knowledge but otherwise If you agree maybe this can be part of the
patch as well? Cheers,
Jonathan