GUI radio button issue

From: Grumpulus
Subject: GUI radio button issue
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 19:14:58 -0500 (CDT)

I have been trying to get a simple GUI going. It has one button group with
three radio buttons.

Pressing buttons 1 or 2 is intended to imagesc() one of the matrices in the
last two function arguments. Button 3 should display their difference when
pressed. That does not happen, though. Instead, the GUI displays what should
have been shown by the *previous* selection. For example, if I press button
2 and then button 3, it displays what button 2 should have displayed, even
though button 3 is checked.

Also, I had thought that radio button groups are supposed to have one
selection active at all times. That is not the case here. I have to set the
Value field of one button to 1 manually, otherwise none of them will be
selected.

I have tried messing around with ButtonDownFcn, setting the Enable field to
"off" as suggested in other threads, etc. -- nothing seems to work
correctly.

It has been many years since I wrote an Octave GUI, so I am probably making
some rookie mistake, but can't figure it out for the life of me. I am
running Octave 4.4.1 on Centos. Anyways, here's the code:

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Grump