Re: IO package installation problem

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: IO package installation problem
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 09:11:52 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----
>On Wed, Oct 10, 2018, 7:01 PM Hamed Shakouri <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>Dear Nir,
>>Thank you for the information.
>>I try:
>>This message then appears:
>>warning: (Automatic loading of spreadsheet I/O Java classlibs failed)
>>For information about changes from previous versions of the io package, run
>>'news io'.
>>So, the package is not installed yet!
>>How this can be solved?
>>I have already installed Java 8 (64Bits), as you see in the attached PrtSc:
>>

>>On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 12:13 PM Nir Krakauer <address@hidden> wrote:
>>

>>>On Wed, Oct 10, 2018, 2:06 PM Hamed Shakouri <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>>Not inside the Octave, but from the webpage, and I put it in the current
>>>folder so that it would be found by "pkg install".

>>>After installing any package, to use the functions in it, you need to invoke
>>>in Octave `pkg load package_name`.
>>
>>--
>>

>>With Regards,
>>

>>Hamed Shakouri G.
>

>Please keep copying the mailing list.
>

>As long as `pkg install` gives no `error` message, the installation was
>presumably more or less successful. So you should follow with `pkg load io`
>and see if the functionality you need works.

You are using octave 4.4.1 on windows.
Windows package include some pre-build octave-forge packages.
The io package is one of them.
The package that you want use should should be loaded before use.

On windows version 4.4.1

>> pkg list io
Package Name  | Version | Installation directory
          io  |  2.4.11 | ...\share\octave\packages\io-2.4.11

>> pkg load io
>> pkg list io
Package Name  | Version | Installation directory
          io *|  2.4.11 | C:\Octave\OCTAVE~2.1\share\octave\packages\io-2.4.11
"*" atter io indicates that io package is loaded and you can use it

HTH

Tatsuro