Re: Difficulties to plot the results

From: Ian McCallion
Subject: Re: Difficulties to plot the results
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2018 15:13:41 +0100

On Wed, 3 Oct 2018 at 14:40, Michel <address@hidden> wrote:

> Bonjour,
>
>    Octave has problems plotting the results.

Plotting works well, though it is fair to say the documentation is not
of the best.

> Only 1/4 processor works with Octave.

If you have a CPU with 4 processors Octave will only use 1 of them
hence it will appear to use "only 1/4 processor'. Is this your
problem?

> So, we can understand  that Octave is slow

No. If used correctly it is not slow. As with any interpretive
language avoid loops wherever possible. The Octave language is very
powerful and gives many opportunities to avoid loops.

> and plotting is difficult.

Yes, plotting is difficult generally because there are so many types
of plot and options for each type.

>    Idea to improve?

Please be more precise about the problems you are experiencing.

Cheers... Ian
Ian