Re: Octave 4.4.1 crashing on 32 bit Windows 7

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Octave 4.4.1 crashing on 32 bit Windows 7
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 15:38:42 +0200

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 2:26 PM john bartlett <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I just installed Octave 4.4.1 on Windows 7.

I double-clicked on the octave-gui.exe file and after putting up the DOS window the program crashed before the GUI was displayed. This was consistent. I tried re-booting the PC, it made no difference.

I installed 4.0.0 some years ago on the same PC. I haven't used it much but the GUI always started with no problems.

I am interested in providing some extra functionality to the Octave Symbolic package so I decided to update the version of Octave.

Regards,
John

On Windows don't start Octave by double-clicking C:\Octave\Octave-4.4.1\bin\octave-gui.exe. Either you use the desktop or start menu icons (created during the installation), or you call C:\Octave\Octave-4.4.1\octave.vbs in case you deleted all your icons.

HTH,
Kai