Re: What x86_64-pc-linux-gnu is?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: What x86_64-pc-linux-gnu is?
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 12:41:57 -0700

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 12:53:53 -0500, Leloup wrote:
>       " Are you sure that you need that? "  Clever remark

It's an honest question. Are you sure that you need to create arrays
with over 2 billion elements? I don't.

>       " how to install a version of Octave that supports arrays with 64 bit
> indexes? " I suppose when installing Octave, I probably lacked of attention.
> It was supposed to be offered and I missed it.
>       sizemax is a good way to check it.
>
>        however if you have any advice, it's always good to take.

I'm not sure what your objective is at this point. If you have Octave
installed and it's working for you, then there's nothing to do.

If you do honestly need to work with large arrays with more than 2
billion elements, then you will need to install Octave again to take
care of that. What GNU/Linux distribution are you using? How did you
install Octave, from source or from the distro package system? What
version of Octave do you have installed?

If you have Octave 4.4 or newer, it should support 64 bit indexes by
default on a 64 bit processor.

--
mike