Re: symbolic basic calculus help

From: Richard Shadbolt
Subject: Re: symbolic basic calculus help
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2018 19:03:45 +0100

Hi,

I have not used the symbolic package but the warnings i get are that passing floating point values to the symbolic process is a bad idea :

OctSymPy: Communication established.  SymPy v1.1.1.
warning: passing floating-point values to sym is dangerous, see "help sym"
warning: called from
    double_to_sym_heuristic at line 50 column 7
    sym at line 373 column 13
    mtimes at line 65 column 5
    /home/richard/DSP/2018 09 05 Octave issue bug forum.m at line 5 column 3
warning: passing floating-point values to sym is dangerous, see "help sym"
warning: called from
    double_to_sym_heuristic at line 50 column 7
    sym at line 373 column 13
    mpower at line 76 column 5
    /home/richard/DSP/2018 09 05 Octave issue bug forum.m at line 5 column 3
error: wrong type argument 'class'
error: eval: expecting std::string argument
error: parse error

As such, is there a way of running the process and not use floating point values ?

Also, the class error indicates that using floating points (numerical calculations) are not supported.

Regards,

Richard.