Re: Change default package directory from octave to .octave, or ask befo

From: Tasos Papastylianou
Subject: Re: Change default package directory from octave to .octave, or ask before first package installation
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2018 09:08:31 +0000

Hi Mike!
Yes, that sounds much more reasonable!

An info note at or before the very first install might also still be desirable, for people who aren't particularly familiar with the pkg prefix command or how packages work in general, e.g. something like

"You are installing your first octave package. The default installation directory is blah blah blah.
If you'd like to use something else, use the 'pkg prefix' command before installing, to specify a different directory. See 'help pkg' for details."

----
Tasos