Re: Version 4.4.1

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Version 4.4.1
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2018 22:18:35 +0200

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 7:45 PM Alfonso Vicente Vallelado <address@hidden> wrote:

With Windows10 on Version 4.4.0 that works for me, I have installed Version 4.4.1 with the next link:

with this version installed and when in a file that I just have modified something, I try to save it, and the system responds to me:

"THE FILE CAN NOT BE OPEN FOR WRITING". "ACCESS DENIED".

It seems that with THIS LINK it only allows me to READ the file but NOT WRITE.

Can someone tell me:

a) If I am using the correct installation link.

Yes, this is the correct installer, that I use as well on Windows 10.

b) If I need some more link.

I do not really get what you mean by "more link", but no software from another URL (link) is necessary.

c) In this case, what do I need and how to do it?

Thank you very much

Again, I do not fully understand the problem:

a) You created a file inside the GNU Octave Editor? And you are not able to save this file on your system?

b) You opened an already existing file (say "C:\Windows\system.ini") inside the Octave Editor and you cannot save your modifications?

In case b) the error message is reproducible and especially for the file "C:\Windows\system.ini" more than obvious.  You cannot modify this file without admin privileges.  Make sure, that you can edit that file you struggle with any editor, and you will be able to work on that file with Octave as well.

HTH,
Kai