print -S option adds whitespace

From: APoyneer
Subject: print -S option adds whitespace
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 14:00:38 -0500 (CDT)

Hello all,

I'm trying to generate a set of PNG images of a specific size (124x92 px).
When I use the following command:

print('-dpng','-r16','foo.png')

it seems to work most of the time with certain plots, and almost never with
others. For some reason it randomly varies between my target size and 128x96
px. According to the docs, the '-S' option should fix it, but there seems to
be a minimum image size below which Octave embeds my image on a white
background of about 560x415 px. Is there a better way to do this?

Many thanks!