Re: octave forge installation in windows 7 reg.

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: octave forge installation in windows 7 reg.
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 14:36:08 -0500 (CDT)

Sudharsan R (EEE) wrote
> Sir,
>
> I stalled Octave version 4.4.0 in my 64 Bit Windows 7 System. Is it
> possible to Install/add GNU Octave forge add on's in my system. Is there
> any manuals for that. Pls help me.

Good question - is there a description of installation of the windows
installers in the manual?
There should be some on the wiki,  http://wiki.octave.org

Anyway if you've used the octave installer, many many octave-forge packages
have already been included.

Just do
"pkg list"
(without quotes) in the terminal and you'll see them listed.
To use a specific package, you have to load it first:

pkg load <package-name>

where package-name is just the name w/o the version appended, e.g.,

pkg load io

HTH,
Philip