Re: Cygwin Octave package, was Re: missing:qcollectiongenerator qhelpgen

From: Carlos Davila
Subject: Re: Cygwin Octave package, was Re: missing:qcollectiongenerator qhelpgenerator
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 13:44:02 -0500

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 12:11 PM, Marco Atzeri <address@hidden> wrote:
Am 23.07.2018 um 16:36 schrieb Carlos Davila:
Hello Marco,

Hi Carlos,

general rule on mailing list, follow up on mailing list
should stay on mailing list.

After looking at the cygwin mailing lists, I saw that you have been developing the Octave package for cygwin and that it does not have a GUI. You mentioned that you built 4.4.1-rc1 with QT5, did that have a GUI?
only the 4.4.0-2 cygwin package is missing the gui. I failed to
notice the problem as I am not using the gui by myself, and I was
busy porting all the forge packages to 4.4.x.
All the previous version and my test of 4.4.1-rc1 have it.
As 4.4.1 should be near, I will not spend time in re-building 4.4.0

Thanks Marco. I installed one of your earlier packages and all seems to be working. Apologies for not following up on the mailing list.

Best,
Carlos