Re: Printing Plots

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Printing Plots
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 10:52:09 +0200

On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 3:47 AM Harishkumar U <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Jul 22, 2018, 06:47 Kai Torben Ohlhus <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Jul 21, 2018 at 1:13 PM harish3679 <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Folks!!

When I try to print this plot x=plot(1:10) using the command

print -dpng 'x.png'

It is popping this error

"error: print: no figure to print
error: called from
    print at line 347 column 5"

Any corrections on my part would be appreciated

Thanks!!
Harish

Dear Harish,

Do you close the resulting plot window, when running the following command?

   x = plot(1:10)

This assignment does not save the plot data to x.  After running this command x is only an handle to the plot, that becomes invalid after closing the corresponding window.

Thus leave the window open and run the print command.

HTH,
Kai

> Yes, that's correct. Can I use the hold on command instead??

What are you trying to do with hold on?  Please, can you explain your idea with a short code snippet maybe.

Kai.