Re: Delete sheet excel

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Delete sheet excel
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 12:14:40 -0700 (MST)

LucaLuca wrote
> it's correct...
>
> the problem is   the new dimension matrix is different
>
> But is more larger o smaller?
>

> I should record on file the size of the old matrix

Using the function xlsfinfo() on the spreadsheet file you get the dimensions
of the rectangle containing all data cells for each worksheet (note: Matlab
doesn't do this, Octave's xlsfinfo is a bit better in this respect).
So you can use xlsfinfo's output to create a large enough NaN array to wipe
all data in a certain sheet. (I just tried and writing NaNs will indeed
erase data in the referenced spreadsheet cells).
Or write a NaN array tojust the cll ranges you want to be wiped.
Or you can make an array (or cell array) with new data and augment it with
NaN cells to wipe data you don't want to retain.
So, lots and lots of ways to do it.
Just experiment a bit ....

Philip